What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser as you browse the internet. They can be used to collect, store, and share data about your activities across websites, including on EnglishMaster.lk. Cookies also allow us to remember things about your visits to EnglishMaster.lk, like your preferred language, and to make the site easier to use.We use both session cookies, which expire after a short time or when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which remain stored in your browser for a set period of time.We use session cookies to identify you during a single browsing session, like when you log into EnglishMaster.lk. We use persistent cookies where we need to identify you over a longer period, like when you request that we keep you signed in.
Authentication and security
- To log you into EnglishMaster.lk
- To protect your security
To help detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate EnglishMaster.lk’s agreements. For example, cookies help authenticate your access to EnglishMaster.lk and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your accounts.
- To remember data about your browser and your preferences.
- To remember your settings and other choices you’ve made
For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or the country you’re in, so we can provide content in your preferred language without asking each time you visit.
Analytics and research
- To help us improve and understand how people use EnglishMaster.lk
For example, cookies help us test different versions of EnglishMaster.lk to see which features or content users prefer, web beacons help us determine which email messages are opened, and cookies help us see how you interact with EnglishMaster.lk, like the links you click on.
- To customize EnglishMaster.lk with more relevant content
For example, cookies help us show a personalized list of recommended courses on the homepage.
To provide you with more relevant advertising. When using mobile applications you may also receive tailored in-app advertisements. Apple iOS, Android OS, and Microsoft Windows each provide its own instructions on how to control in-app tailored advertising. For other devices and operating systems, you should review your privacy settings or contact your platform operator.
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to decline cookies by consulting your browser’s support articles. If you decide to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some interactive features in the Services.
- Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, so your browser’s cookie-management tools may not remove them. To learn more about how to manage Flash cookies, see Adobe’s article on managing flash cookies and Website Storage Settings panel.
- To opt out of Google Analytics’ display advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page.
- For general information about targeting cookies and how to disable them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Updates & Contact Info